Saturday, August 15, 2009

PCP ACTIVIST ASSAULTED BY SANTU LOYALISTS IN DHAKA

chtnews.com
News No. 82/2009, July 08, 2009

THUI KYO CHING MARMA, OFFICE SECRETARY OF THE HILL STUDENTS’ COUNCIL
(PCP), A FRONT ORGANISATION OF THE UNITED PEOPLE’S DEMOCRATIC FRONT,
WAS ASSAULTED BY SANTU LARMY LOYALISTS IN DHAKA ON TUESDAY, YESTERDAY.

When contacted, Mr. Thuiko Marma told chtenws.com that he and his
friends were sipping tea at a tea shop in front of Dhaka University
Central Library at 1pm after participating in a rally on the campus.

“All on a sudden, I was hit in the head from behind.” Thuiko said,
adding “the JSS terrorists were 6 in number and led by Bablu and
Batayan.”

“After that they began to punch me from all side. I was trying to
defend myself. My friend Arnob from Biplobi Chattra Jubo Andolon
barged forward in my defence, and so did Samiul Alam Richi, President
of Bangladesh Chattra Federation, and others.”

Thuiko further said the JSS loyalists had threatened him earlier not
to come to the campus.

“Bablu called me at my mobile phone at 11am the same day and
threatened me not to come to the campus and to refrain from political
activities.” he added.

In protest against the assault, the left leaning Five Students
Organisations, of which PCP is a component organisation, held a press
conference today at Madhu’s Canteen on Dhaka University campus and
demanded exemplary punishment for the culprits.

The leaders of these organisations termed the JSS loyalists who were
involved in the assault of Thuiko as terrorists, and said the incident
testified to the complete degeneration of Santu Larma and his
loyalists into government collaborators.